Wednesday, December 15, 2010

the beginning of the end...

The Acting Final.

Feels like it happened over the course of a minute-I started backstage and then I was bowing and presenting roses to Sasha and Oleg. My scene went well. It wasn't the best it's ever been-I hoped it would be, but didn't expect that of myself; I couldn't. Darren and I listened to each other, we spoke to each other, and he left the scene, as he always does. And I ran after him, as I always do. Then I sat backstage and opened and closed the curtain for set changes and then we all walked out...
We saw people, and it was the passing "Oh my gosh, you were so good!" The comment that's sincere, but you want them to say more. You want them to say "You were so good, and I loved that moment when __________!" You want them to notice the attention you paid to all of those details, all the work you did to figure out these people. And then you remind yourself that it's enough. It's enough to know all of it for yourself, for you and your scene partner to have these things in common.

But it's over, and what now?

I have a singing final in the morning. We watch the other group perform tomorrow afternoon. Then we get absolutely and entirely drunk together, just our group. We recover and then start over on Friday morning with everyone as we pretend to pack. Saturday we do last minute shopping for friends and family, spending as much time around each other as possible. We get drunk again, cry all over again. We wake up Sunday and actually pack. We get on a plane and fly around the world. We land in JFK. I stay in the airport for 12 hours, then catch my flight to Nashville...

And then what?
What will I do without Russia?

The blog is almost over. A few more days, a few more details. I'll return home and see everyone again and they'll ask me what it was like and I won't know what to say. But we have a few more days! Yes, we have a few more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment