Thursday, September 2, 2010

preparation

Hi.

So. It's been a long summer. As it draws to a close, I realize there are things I haven't done to prepare for Moscow... because I took a summer class, internship, did the Fringe, et cetera. Busy summer. (But let me say, Richard 3 was fucking awesome.) Now to be fair, the following list has some stuff accomplished already- I've read a few of the books, and I have my black rehearsal skirt...

My list of things to do in the next 17 days:

Learn Cyrillic alphabet.
Read 12 plays.
Read 5 acting theory books.
Read 1 Russian language textbook.
Figure out how to pack 3 months' worth of stuff... into one 50-lb suitcase.
Re-dye my hair back to brown... goodbye, pink.
Memorize/work on existing monologue for class.
Find rehearsal clothes: black character shoes, long black skirt, long sleeve high-neck white blouse.
Get travel insurance.
Get 4 months' worth of 2 prescriptions.
Get 4 additional passport photos.
Purchase: dictaphone, ballet clothes, index cards, notebook, electric converter, shoe polish, tupperware, umbrella, moscow guide book, house slippers (it's rude to be barefoot in Russia).
Find out just how much space life-things (contacts, advil, vitamins, febreze, etc) are going to take up in suitcase.
And of course, a Russian-English dictionary.

I leave for Connecticut on the 19th.

Upon arriving in Waterford, CT, I'll be meeting the 30 or so other crazy people who are going halfway around the world with me. The MATS class of 2010 leaves for Moscow, Russia on September 21st.

Woah.

No comments:

Post a Comment