Tuesday, September 21, 2010

almost

On the bus on the way to JFK, about to leave for Germany and from there to Moscow.
I've got a whole new list of Russian cultural notes and superstitions, but I'll upload those once I get there-my notes are in my carry-on at the front of the bus and I'm lazy.

The NTI group is awesome, orientation as a whole was great, everyone's real talented- I know that it'll be difficult to fight the competitive streak, even having met them two days ago. This morning we had a miniature Russian movement class at NTI with Shawna, who has her MFA in Russian Movement and lived in Moscow for 5 years (she's our transition-into-Moscow buddy).hen we took a last-minute trip to Target for forgotten things, then weighed our bags. Which was an adventure-one of mine is exactly 50 pounds and I'm hoping that I don't have to pay the $150 overweight fee (in addition to the $50 second checked bag fee). It was our first real chance to see each other work, even thought it wasn't "acting" per se. So far, I've managed to avoid being that girl who's already been to Russia and studied at MXAT and knows more about it than anyone else, which was super important for me. (There's another kid who's been before, Matt, who's super cool and sitting right next to me.)

Then we took a last-minute trip to Target for forgotten things, then weighed our bags. Which was an adventure-one of mine is exactly 50 pounds and I'm hoping that I don't have to pay the $150 overweight fee (in addition to the $50 second checked bag fee).

Running on reserve battery power. Will write upon arrival in Russia, maybe, unless they make us go straight to acting class, which we've been told is a definite possibility. Hurrah.

No comments:

Post a Comment